[Click] click with unpatched linux kernel

ahmed A. amego83 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:54:13 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am trying to run click with unpatched Linux kernel as mentioned in click
website. According to the click website I ran ./configure as follows:

./configure --enable-fixincludes

But when I try one of the examples
("udpcount.click<http://read.cs.ucla.edu/click/examples/udpcount.click>
" available in click website) I get the following error message :

userlevel/click ../test.click
../test.click:8: unknown element class ‘PollDevice’

Obviously PollDevice is a kernel module, so I guess the unpatched kernel
click is not working for me.
I would appreciate any help or  tips to overcome this problem.

Best regards,

John

Note: by the way I am running click 1.8.0 with Linux kernel 2.6.18.8 with
xen.