[Click] Click Spinlock Question

David Zats dzats at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 28 13:45:54 EST 2011

Hi,
I have been trying to use Spinlocks in Click and have been running into problems. I recently realized that I was running 4 threads when I only had 2 cores. Could this be a potential problem? Also, does hyperthreading need to be disabled for Click to work? If neither of these are potential problems, could you suggest some other common pitfalls? I am using just one lock, so re-ordering cannot be an issue and am sure that I am releasing it after every acquisition. Furthermore, SpinlockIRQ seems to work well as does running click using only one thread.
Thank you very much for the help!
Sincerely,
David Zats