[Click] Quick Click Question

David Zats dzats at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Feb 26 12:03:10 EST 2011

Hi Eddie,

I hope everything is going well. I had a quick question about Click for you:

I created a fancy queue-like data structure in Click and had both PollDevice and ToDevice acquire locks to it. No matter how simple the locking strategy, I always seem to get software lockup. I noticed that your thread safe queue avoids contention between PollDevices and ToDevices. Is that solely for performance or is it required for avoiding deadlocks.

Thanks in a advance for the help. I really appreciate it.
Sincerely,
David Zats