[Click] suggested patch for DelayUnqueue

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 23 19:32:56 EST 2011

Hi Ian,

Thanks for this long-ago patch.

I actually am not sure that I like it.  It slightly slows down comparisons
(trivially, but still), and it makes DelayUnqueue unlike (say) LinkUnqueue,
and it's the sort of configuration knob that confuses me -- either it should
always update or never update, I'd say.

I applied some parts of the patch -- namely, not updating the timestamp to THE
CURRENT time but rather updating it to the delayed time; and writable "delay"
handler.  Do you really need "UPDATE false" behavior?  Could you cope with, e.g.,

DelayUnqueue(0.1) -> AdjustTimestamp(-0.1) -> ...

?  (Just added AdjustTimestmap.)

Eddie