[Click] Linux kernel module compilation issue

Mike Miller michael.g.miller at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 20:22:21 EST 2011

I'm trying to compile some elements as a kernel module(they compile fine as
a user module) on an Ubuntu 10.10 box with Linux 2.6.35-24. I am trying to
use patchless click(--enable-fixincludes per Joonwoo's suggestion). When I
try to compile the modules, I get:

/home/ubuntu/click_install/include/click/config-linuxmodule.h:166: fatal
error: linux/autoconf.h: No such file or directory

Looking through the kernel sources I have installed, autoconf.h is located
at:

/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-24-virtual/include/generated/autoconf.h

Has anyone else run into this problem? Do I need to do anything to the
kernel sources to get autoconf.h in the right place?

Thanks,
Mike