[Click] Question on cycle counts

Bobby Longpocket bobbylongpocket at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 5 19:31:23 EST 2011

OK, that's definitely the cause of confusion, then.

The FromDevice task cycle counts do include the time spent in ToHost, but most of the calls to the FromDevice task return without pushing a packet.  Therefore average-cycles-per-call is much smaller than average-cycles-per-packet.

On the other hand, ToHost::push is called once per packet, so average-cycles-per-call is the same as average-cycles-per-packet.