[Click] PUSH element with timer...possible?.

Bart Braem bart.braem at ua.ac.be
Fri Feb 4 03:40:32 EST 2011

Hi,

On 04 Feb 2011, at 08:45, muralidharan at tce.edu wrote:

> 1)Is it ever possible to write an element with more than one (say three)
> PUSH ports for both input and output?.
> i tried to create an element with 1/1 pull configuration and initialized
> the timer too.
>
> but the code in the run_timer() method is never executed...
> i was trying to reset a packet counter (in the push() method) periodically
> to zero.

This should be possible.
Please publish your minimal code here, so we can help you fix it.

> 2)Is it possible to have more than one OUTPUT ports for a PULL processed
> element?. If so should all output ports except one be agnostic?.
> we only have to 'return' the packet's pointer or null pointer in pull
> processing.
> how do we make forward the packet through a specific output port?

Yes that is possible too, and all ports can be pull.
As you can see in the signature of the pull function at <http://read.cs.ucla.edu/click/doxygen/class_element.html#ce8c7b8b37f177b9a9cc024d8b64f3a3>, the integer specifies the port which is pulled.

regards,
Bart