[Click] PUSH element with timer...possible?.

muralidharan at tce.edu muralidharan at tce.edu
Fri Feb 4 02:45:13 EST 2011

Hi,
i have two doubts....

1)Is it ever possible to write an element with more than one (say three)
PUSH ports for both input and output?.
i tried to create an element with 1/1 pull configuration and initialized
the timer too.

but the code in the run_timer() method is never executed...
i was trying to reset a packet counter (in the push() method) periodically
to zero.

2)Is it possible to have more than one OUTPUT ports for a PULL processed
element?. If so should all output ports except one be agnostic?.
we only have to 'return' the packet's pointer or null pointer in pull
processing.
how do we make forward the packet through a specific output port?

Thanks in advance.