[Click] how to develop new elements in ns?

liang jiao jiaoliang547 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 07:35:40 EST 2011

Hi, all,
              When I use "ELEMENT_REQUIRES(ns), new elements can't be used
both  on ns and userlevel. When I use "ELEMENT_REQUIRES(userlevel|ns), new
elements can be used on userlevel but not on ns.
Installation procedures is as follows:
cd CLICK-2.0.1 ./configure -prefix=/usr/local --enable-userlevel
--enable-nsclick --disable-linuxmodule  && make install
cd  NS-2.34     patch -p0  /CLICK/ns-2.34-path
               ./install
The format about new elements as follows:
xx.hh    #ifndef xx
            #define xx
           CLICK_DECLS
           CLICK_ENDDECLS
           #endif
xx.cc  CLICK_DECLS
          CLICK_ENDDECLS
           EXPORT_ELEMENT(XX)
           ELEMENT_REQUIRES(userlevel|ns)
Compliation process as follows:
          ./configure -enable-local && make elemlist && make install
I need to kown things that I did wrong. Can you help me?
best wishes,
messi,