[Click] Problem Compiling Kernel version for sample click package

Dimitris Syrivelis jsyr at inf.uth.gr
Tue Dec 13 03:32:00 EST 2011

Hello all,

  We have checked out the latest click sources from github (yesterday) and
we performed a clean click installation from scratch. Both user and kernel
versions of click compile nicely. We then attempted to compile our
click package and we observed that the kernel version built fails.
 The same happens for the click sample package. We used kernel 2.6.35.1 and
everything compiles and runs nicely against this kernel with a clean
installation of click v2.0.1. After performing several tests we have observed
the following:
 -If a previous version of click already exists and is installed and we then
update with github pull to the latest version of click, the packages compile
cleanly for both user and kernel. The problem appears only for clean latest
click installs and only for kernel version.
 - While 2.0.1 installation uses /usr/local/include/click-linuxmodule/
folder to find kernel headers (which are obviously copied there),
the latest click uses directly the header folder that the user provides at the
configure input. Building of click fails because kernel header paths are
incorrect and files cannot be found. If we manually include -I compiler
directives into the package Makefile some problems get fixed but other path
related problems appear.

   Any help on this is appreciated,

  Dimitris