[Click] Is user-space Click more flexible and programmable thankernel-space Click???

bcronje at gmail.com bcronje at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 15:20:55 EDT 2011

To name a few reasons I like userspace click:
1) much easier to debug, tools like gdb etc available
2) If something goes wrong at worst the process crashes and not the whole system.
3) Have access to more ram than kernel module, depending on what you need might be a deal breaker for kernel module.
4) Have access to the filesystem, sockets and other userland tools
5) Can run multiple instances of click on single server.
6) Using cards like endace dag etc get great performance

Sure there are more reasons

Beyers