[Click] About queues scheduling

Roberto Riggio roberto.riggio at create-net.org
Fri Apr 22 03:59:40 EDT 2011

Il 22/04/2011 09:31, Cliff Frey ha scritto:
> Oh yes, sorry for misunderstanding.
>
> We actually had issues with KernelTun.  We ended up adding a BURST
> parameter to it.  There are weird interactions between selected() and
> tasks where selected() does not get called as often as one might hope.
>  You could also try changing the _tasks_per_iter to be much much lower
> (like 2) and see if it helps...

what is the meaning of the _tasks_per_iter variable? Which are the
sideeffects of lowering it? Does it means that tasks (and timers???)
will be checked fewer times
per iteration allowing click to schedule also (for example) the
kerneltun element?

> I can look into giving you an updated KernelTun with a BURST param if
> you are interested, but it might take me a few days to get to it.
Shall the BURST param allow to iterate N times over this

     int cc = read(_fd, p->data(), _mtu_in);

and the following if block in KernelTun::selected?