[Click] Click AODV duplicate packets

Harald Schioeberg harald at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 3 06:13:22 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 18:15 -0700, Daniel Havey wrote:
> Thanxs Harald ;^)
>
> However, this solution does not work for me.  I have another tun/tap device which is creating it's own virtual interface.  So my system looks something like this:
>
> eth4<--->EMANE<--->emane0<--->Click/AODV<---->fake0<--->kernel
>
> The EMANE application is picking up packets from eth4 and sending them to emane0 to the AODV/CLICK script which sends the packets through fake0 to the kernel.
>
> SNIFFER false installs a rule in iptables to drop any packet from the device emane0, and it prevents Click AODV from being able to route traffic over multiple hops.
>
> Does this effect occur in a system with real wireless nodes and just AODV running?  Has anybody tried it?  I don't have wireless cards so I haven't been able to try AODV by itself.
>
> I notice that Bart did not include the SNIFFER false option in his AODV script.  Perhaps this problem did not occur?  Or was it just not important?

didn't check his config, but "SNIFFER false" is not required in kernel
mode.

Maybe, instead of putting a SNIFFER false, you need to install your own
(more elaborate) rules manually to reflect your special setup.
in userlevel, FromDevice makes a copy of the packet, and one copy is
passed to the kernel and to click. you somehow need to drop the copy
that goes to linux.....

harald