[Click] Click AODV duplicate packets

Daniel Havey dhavey at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 21:15:03 EDT 2010

Thanxs Harald ;^)

However, this solution does not work for me.  I have another tun/tap device which is creating it's own virtual interface.  So my system looks something like this:

eth4<--->EMANE<--->emane0<--->Click/AODV<---->fake0<--->kernel

The EMANE application is picking up packets from eth4 and sending them to emane0 to the AODV/CLICK script which sends the packets through fake0 to the kernel.

SNIFFER false installs a rule in iptables to drop any packet from the device emane0, and it prevents Click AODV from being able to route traffic over multiple hops.

Does this effect occur in a system with real wireless nodes and just AODV running?  Has anybody tried it?  I don't have wireless cards so I haven't been able to try AODV by itself.

I notice that Bart did not include the SNIFFER false option in his AODV script.  Perhaps this problem did not occur?  Or was it just not important?

...Daniel