[Click] On patchless linux

Harald Schioeberg harald at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 26 04:28:49 EDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-24 at 09:45 -0700, Eddie Kohler wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> Great to hear about other people using patchless!
>
> Re: hweight32: That is definitely a missing CLICK_CXX_PROTECT.  The way
> to find it is to use nm on the individual object files to find where
> it's used.  Something like
>
> for i in *.o; do if nm $i | grep -l hweight32 >/dev/null 2>&1; then echo
> $i; fi; done

Hi Eddie,
this was my first idea, too, but it yielded every single .o file....

I traced down the bug by prepanding that to every linux header
(thanks for fixincludes.pl ;-)

#ifdef __cplusplus
# ifndef CLICK_CXX_PROTECTED
#  error "This file can only be included in CLICK_CXX_PROTECT stancas"
# endif
#endif

compiles and loads for me now, patches attached

(0002 is ommited for mailinglist friendliness, its just the huge diff
autoconf will generate on the configure...)