[Click] On patchless linux

Harald Schioeberg harald at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de
Sun Oct 24 11:21:10 EDT 2010

Hi,

i'm currently trying to catch up with the patchless stuff, see below for
my current status.

I tried against the weird ubuntu-maverick kernel, but then
I stepped back a bit to vanilla 2.6.27.54 on i386 for the moment.
This gives me a click build, but with:

WARNING:
"_Z9hweight32j" [/data/harald/patchless/click/linuxmodule/click.ko]
undefined!
and of course a failure to load the "click" module, the proclikefs
loads.

Apparently hweigth32 is not CXX_PROTECTed, any ideas why this might
happen?
Its in click-linuxmodule/include0/asm-generic/bitops/hweight.h
which should only be included via <linux/bitops.h>, but I have not found
any unprotected "#include <linux/bitops.h>" or related stuff anywhere.

Here I am starting from eddie/96471bf1 + from Joonwoo.

[joonwoo 01/12]
This fixes a configury issue, but the real compile will use [joonwoo
9/12], which is in mainline by now as 340c5ebe
IMHO this needs some means to emulate
LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2, 6, 33)
in the configure to make it "nice"

[joonwoo 02/12]
I didn't need that one until now...

[joonwoo 03/12]
Same here

[joonwoo 04/12]
Used joonwoo's patch, discussion is ongoing between eddie and joonwoo

[joonwoo 05/12] [joonwoo 06/12] are in mainline

[joonwoo 07/12]
used the patch from joowoon,
eddie already confirmed the patch, but it's not in mainline yet

[joonwoo 08/12]
eddie checked in A Different Version

[joonwoo 09/12]
it's upstream, related to 01/12

[joonwoo 10/12 and 11/12]
they are upstream

[joonwoo 12/12]
A Different Version is upstream as a5f200d