[Click] query about handlers

Ashok Anand ashok.anand at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 22:01:57 EDT 2010

Hi,

I was wondering if we can store src address and mac address in some
temporary variable, and use that later, using click configuration
language (using click-1.6.0).

I see that element  EtherEncap provides some handlers, to read SRC
parameter etc., I was wondering how we can use these handlers to read
src or dest mach address and store some information, in a temporary
variable let say, and use it later.

(I know I can create an element, which can do what I want with
etherenet src address and mac address, but I was wondering if it is
possible to do with
the configuration language provided by click.. may be, it does not
make sense in the context of click )

Thanks
Ashok