[Click] Alignment info for custom element

Cliff Frey cliff at meraki.com
Tue Nov 9 14:10:34 EST 2010

Well, you could make it so that click-align knew that there were no
alignment guarantees after your element (assuming that your element actually
does not provide any alignment guarantees)

I think that you would do this by adding a clause in click-align.cc with
your element and
GeneratorAligner(Alignment(1, 0))
as the type of alignment that your element provided.

However, some elements that pull an arbitrary number of bytes (like
StripToNetworkHeader) can likely be given a GeneratorAligner of (4, 0),
because the network header is (almost) always 4 byte aligned.

Cliff