[Click] e1000 transmit lockups?

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Sat Mar 6 19:21:26 EST 2010

Dear Click e1000 users,

Is anyone still seeing occasional errors at driver install time, where an e000
reports "e1000_clean_tx_irq: Detected Tx Unit Hang" and refuses to send packets?

Kevin Springborn sent the forwarded mail 2 years ago (THANKS KEVIN!!!), which
mentioned this problem and contained a fix.  However, it does not seem like
Joonwoo's drivers contain the patch.  I don't know whether the drivers
themselves have evolved enough so as not to need the patch, or whether the bug
is still happening.  Please let me know.

Thanks for your patience,
Eddie