[Click] Scheduling ToDevice

Harald Schiöberg harald at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 1 05:53:55 EDT 2010

Hi,

following problem with userlevel:

If click is CPU-bound and we always have packets to send,
then the ToDevice::run_task will call _task.fast_reschedule() all the
time, giving no cpu at all to the ingress processing.

This is good behaviour for IP forwarding ( deliver before spending cpu
on receiving),
but I need to prioritize input processing over output.
( I need to process control-frames to stop sending )

I tried to replace _task.fast_reschedule() with _task.reschedule() but
that does solve it. Any suggestions ?

	Harald