[Click] Using Click's Traffic generator to test a NetFPGA at userlevel

Leonardo Linguaglossa theleos88 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 12:55:59 EDT 2010

Hello everybody.
I'm a new user of the Click modular router, and I need some help: I did not
managed to patch and compile the linux kernel 2.6.24.7 on my pc (I think it
may be a problem with the architecture) but I need to use it as soon as
possible, because I have to test the performance of a NetFPGA (used as a
router).

So there will be a series of tests as defined in the RFC 1242 and RFC 2544,
to test the throughput etc. and I thought to make use of the traffic
generator of the Click.

My question is: is it possible to use the Click router at userlevel instead
of kernel mode, for my application? Will the test be penalized for this?
I would be grate if you could help me.

Looking forward to someone's answer.
Thanks to all.
Leos.