[Click] Using click to build an 802.11a MAC layer on USRP2

Juan Ramon Gutierrez Agullo jrmate1986 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 11:01:18 EST 2010

Hello everyone

This is my first message here and, of course, I'm a newbie click user.

I have an 802.11a transmitter
(https://www.cgran.org/wiki/ftw80211ofdmtx) running in the USRP2, but it
only generates a standard-compliant IEEE802.11a/g/p OFDM frame - PHY
layer.
Looking at other projects I found the hydra project, and they used click
to implement the MAC layer (CSMA/CA and DCF). I have some questions and
I hope you could help me.

- How can click communicate with GNU Radio?

- Is there any MAC implementation -by default- with click installation?

- What's the correct way of beginning a click project? If I want 802.11a
MAC and I have access to the PHY frame, how I begin the click project?

Sorry if my questions seems too newbies, but I'm still reading click
documentation and I've not been able to answer my self-questions yet.

Thank you,

Juan R. Gutierrez Agullo