[Click] Click and kernel patches

Lars Bro lbro at pulz8.com
Wed Jan 20 07:03:38 EST 2010

Hi,

I am using Click for testing of our wireless product, and I experience an
increasing demand for support of newer kernels. The reason for this is
hardware of course, but also wireless(802.11) drivers have been changing a
lot lately.

I am now working with Matteo Croce's patches for 2.6.31 (on 2.6.31.9), this
is not as easy as I had thought. I can also see that Adam Greenhalgh has
done some work in separating syntax changes from core changes.

What I would like to know is whether this kind of work is already ongoing,
or if there is an official plan for the next kernel patch.

As I can see, Matteo's patch also includes changes for Click itself, and
this should be very carefully considered.

So I suggest that we agree on a "next" kernel version to support, so we can
work on it in common.

Any votes?

yours,
Lars Bro