[Click] Kernel and Intel Driver Versions and Click Patches

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Feb 25 22:21:31 EST 2010

Hello friends.

So, FastUDPSrc and friends.  These elements suck.  I don't think Linux drivers
expect to be passed MULTIPLE COPIES OF THE EXACT SAME PACKET POINTER.  For
instance that makes it rather hard to manage linked lists of packet pointers.
  Which I think is the bug you found Tom.  It is also a bug that convinced the
Routerbricks people at Intel for months that Click was unstable.

I have checked in a change that makes these elements do the right thing and
emit clones.  It compiles but I have not tested it.  Really though it would
probably to be better to remove these elements, which have received almost no
care and feeding since they were hacked together by someone else in 2000.

Eddie