[Click] e1000e-0.4.1.7 polling driver update.

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Feb 25 21:57:31 EST 2010

Hi Joonwoo,

I had a look at this patch; thanks so so so so so much for doing the work!
There are aspects of it that I did not like and changed.  In particular,
adding a new rx_buffer_len function is not the right way to go, since it would
require changing all our existing kernel patches and any other patched
drivers.  Instead I changed the poll_on() function to return the correct rx
buffer length, and updated PollDevice to support this.

This version of the patch is now checked in to click/drivers.

I also note that we have a bunch of questions and comments from people
complaining about crashes, where the right answer is to "uncomment some code
that you had commented out."  Am I right that the 2010-02-21 patch you sent
already has this code uncommented?  Is it good to go?

All: Please use the e1000e-0.4.1.7-2010-02-25 patch that is currently in the
tree and let me know how it goes.

Eddie