[Click] set_ip_header semantics

Eddie Kohler kohler at cs.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 24 15:40:09 EST 2010

Hi Bart,

Heh, mail delay.

So I looked at this patch and rolled it around.  I then thought maybe the
better solution would be to rename set_network_header() to
mark_network_header()... and implemented a patch to that effect.  I showed
that around and people thought it was even more confusing than the current
situation.  And it's worth noting that Linux has functions like
skb_set_mac_header() now, which do exactly analogous things to Click's
p->set_mac_header().  So I think the status quo stays.  Thanks though!

Eddie