[Click] New type in include/click

Roberto Riggio roberto.riggio at create-net.org
Wed Dec 22 08:16:59 EST 2010

Hi,

I need to add a new type (an ipaddress extended with an interface id for
a multi-radio wmn) in
include/click/. However after adding the hh file in include/click and
the corresponding cc file
in lib i see that the new type is not compiled during the build process.

What should I do in order to have click compile this new files?

Another question: I'm generalizing some elements (namely arptable and
linktable) in order
to handle different types. So and arptable could containt mapping
between an arbitrary type
and and etheraddress. In my case for example the mapping is between an
entity such as
10.0.0.10:1 (which is the first interface of node 10.0.0.20) and and
ethernet address. Would
this patch be interesting for the upstream click?

R.