[Click] Building a WLAN using Click

Gabrial Monty gabrial_monty at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 28 10:33:25 EDT 2010

Hi all,

While was looking for a solution of the WLAN under Click, and I am sure  that
the problem is related to the wireless interface, I found the  following:

  To use click with wireless card first put it in raw mode
   + rmmod ath_pci
   + modprobe ath_pci autocreate=monitor
   + ifconfig ath0 up

Then set the channel (Both AP and Station must be configured to use the  same
channel):

ifconfig ath0 channel 6

For the channel setting there is no problem I can run that command while
changing ath0 to wlan0. But the problem is with the first, that is to  set the
wireless card in the raw mode. it seems that ath_pci is the card  name for
Atheros cards, but what Intel cards, the one I have, do you  have any idea
please?

Reagrds,

Gaby