[Click] Package installation help

Riyaz rmoh6630 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Wed Sep 16 07:26:28 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

    Im currently trying to use the Click software as my data plane in an attempt to model the Mobile IP Protocol.
I have found a similar implementation at http://homes.esat.kuleuven.be/~dli/mipv4/index.html which makes use of a non-standard mobileip package.

I can only manually install this package (ie use ./configure --include-local ... make elemlist) on click 1.4.3 (which I have installed at the moment)
My problem is that I need to make use of the GRE package (for tunneling) available from iias (Planetlab) which can only be used on click 1.5.0 or later. The make install fails citing a compile error - brought about by an incompatibility in click versions.
The IPTunneling element in the mobileip package does not suit my purposes.

Is there any way of getting both these packages installed on the one click router?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Riyaz
University of Sydney