[Click] Simple IP Map

Riyaz rmoh6630 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Mon Oct 5 23:47:25 EDT 2009

Hi guys,

    Does anyone know of a simple IP-to-IP Mapping element that also has a write handler to allow changes during runtime?

    Basically what I want to do is re-write the destination IP Address based on a simple mapping in a table (similar to NAT but just IP to IP).

For example,

Table:

10.1.1.1    123.123.123.123
10.1.1.2    254.254.254.254

For a packet arriving destined for 10.1.1.1, rewrite the destination to 123.123.123.123.

I dont have much experience writing C++ code nor the confidence trying to write a new element, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I am considering forwarding these packets out a tap device and allowing a user-level java program to do the mapping, but this might greatly affect performance.

Kind regards,

Riyaz