[Click] Madwifi monitor mode performance

Javier Sánchez javier.recacha at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 14:02:32 EST 2009

Hi Yongheng Qi and Click users,

Sorry for disturbing you, but I am very, very interested on a sentence you said.

“the monitor mode is our optimized. so it can get the same throughout
put as ap sta mode.”

I tried to optimize the driver too, I tried to implement atheros FF
and atheros compresion into ath_tx_startraw(), but I only achieve:

   Click + monitor mode + pseudo IBSS: 13 Mbps (iperf, rate 24M)
   Normal operation ap mode + managed mode: 18 Mbps (iperf, rate 24M)

Can you (or someone) share how to achived this¿? Some hint?

Thanks
Javier