[Click] Annotation Validation

Nicolas Letor nicolas.letor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 03:59:41 EST 2009

Hi,

On the developer day of the SyClick sumposium we devised a solution for
checking and validating the use of annotations. I have created a small patch
containing the AnnotationValidation skeleton solution.

The devised solution consists of two parts:
a) Each element declares its use of annotations. We extended the element
interface with two methods: require_anno() and provide_anno(), indicating
which annotations are used and set by this element.
b) At initialization time of the click Router, an AnnotationValidator
element verifies the use of annotations by traversing the Click graph and
inspecting the element's annotation requirements and provisions.

Kind regards,
Nico

--
Nicolas Letor