[Click] packet data compression?

Robert Sombrutzki sombrutz at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Nov 6 08:57:22 EST 2009

Hi,
i started to implement such an element some weeks ago. It uses LZW for
compression. In the archive, there is a element called packetcompression and
a click-file for testing.
I agree with Bart, that in-place compression is faster than my current
implementation, but the problem is, that the lzw-compression can result in
bigger packets and so you would overwrite the data you want to compress.
Maybe, it is possible to seperate the comression-part of the click-element in
an extra element (like a plugin), so that it can be replace by other method
(bzip2,....).
Please let me know if you have a implementation of other compression-methods,
which can be used for click-element. And also if you have an in-place
compression !
Oh, and send an email, if something is not working.

Best regards,
Robert