[Click] hello

Venkataramana Badarla ramana.iit at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:12:00 EDT 2009

Hi Beyers:

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the typo mistake, it was back-pressure
routing. I have seen IP fragmentation source code too. We have an idea
of how to go about, which is giving below.

1) Keeping the MTU of ath0 > MTU of fake device of FromHost, then
2) adding the custom header between IP and TCP for all IP packets
received from FromHost

I guess this would help.. Do you have any comment on this...

Regards
Ramana

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Beyers Cronje <bcronje at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure what "back-routing" protocol is, but I presume it cannot operate
> out-of-band. You can use IP Fragmentation
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_fragmentation.
>
> Click has build-in IP fragmentation support, see:
>
> IPFragmenter http://read.cs.ucla.edu/click/elements/ipfragmenter
>
> IPReassembler http://read.cs.ucla.edu/click/elements/ipreassembler
>
> Beyers
>

> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Venkataramana Badarla
> <ramana.iit at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi:
>>
>> I am implementing back-routing protocol in click router. As part of
>> this work, I need to deal with adding an extra header (say, bp_header)
>> between IP and TCP header (or simply, the source node has to send some
>> extra information of size 20-30bytes to the destination node). This
>> has to be done at source node for all the IP packets received from
>> kernel through FromHost.
>>
>> As the applications will send packets of size equal to MTU, I have no
>> clues where to add this new header (or this extra information). If you
>> have any idea, could you please tell me what is the best way and how
>> to proceed..?
>>
>> Kindly help me.
>>
>> Eagerly waiting for your reply.
>> --