[Click] VLAN scripts?

Paine, Thomas Asa PAINETA at uwec.edu
Thu Mar 12 11:54:40 EDT 2009

Azeem,
	Attached is some dot1q stuff I did with click (in part of a wake on line repeater project) back in 2006.

The Dot1q element basically takes two configuration parameters.  One bool to tell it if it is to tag or untag, the other to define the vlan id.  All the heavy lifting, and what you're probably looking for, is in the helper files.  This also allows the functionality to be used in in other elements.  As was the case in the repeater project I did, since I was duplicating packets across vlans on a trunked interface.

vlanRx::Dot1q(false, <vlanid>);
vlanTx::Dot1q(true, <vlanid>);

	Hope this helps.

   Thomas Paine (paineta at uwec.edu)