[Click] Thread Scheduling

Latency Buster latencybuster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 15:21:59 EST 2009

Suppose I would like to map my elements to CPU threads in the following manner:

StaticThreadSched(pd0 0, td1 0, pd1 1, td0 1);

Then I execute click-install -t 2 --cpu=2 <config.name>.

But I always observe that one of the kclick process is always in 'S'
state indicating that's its not doing anything. (state observed when
click is moving packets).
This is done with the understanding that  --cpu = <index of the
largest thread + 1>.

Could someone tell me where I am going wrong? `pgrep kclick' shows two
kclick processes with one of  them in 'S' state as stated above.

Thanks,