[Click] PollDevice: stopped working??

Joonwoo Park joonwpark81 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:08:46 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 2:56 PM, Latency Buster <latencybuster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Still not working !!
>

>> What does the element handler of PollDevice?
> I do not understand this.

With this sample configuration.
pd::PollDevice (eth0, PROMISC true) -> q01::Queue (4096) -> c01::Counter
-> td1::Todevice (eth1)

What I mean was:
# cat /click/pd/*

>> Does the click thread consume cpu when you are running PollDevice?
> No it does not.. I created two click threads and all I see is one
> kclick instance in top. With FromDevice click threads consumes cpu.
> With PollDevice all the packets are getting dropped by the card.
> I am using a Intel dual port card with 82546EB chipset (PCI-X 100MHZ/64 bit).

This situation is not one that I expected.  When PollDevice is
running, click should consume cpu.
In other word, it seems that click thread is not invoking run_task()
of PollDevice element.

>> While the PollDevice is running, please try ifconfig ethX down;
>> ifconfig ethX up, it could help and give us what the problem is.
> This causes the whole machine to freeze and the only recourse is a reboot.

:-(

> BTW: --warp9 didn't have any effect... Something somewhere is not
> working since the problem happened after I did a git pull today in the
> morning. I am trying to debug but not getting anywhere.

If PollDevice is used to work with previous version from git, why
don't you try git-biset?

Cheers,
Joonwoo