[Click] PollDevice: stopped working??

Latency Buster latencybuster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 17:56:51 EST 2009

Still not working !!

> What does the element handler of PollDevice?
I do not understand this.

> Does the click thread consume cpu when you are running PollDevice?
No it does not.. I created two click threads and all I see is one
kclick instance in top. With FromDevice click threads consumes cpu.
With PollDevice all the packets are getting dropped by the card.
I am using a Intel dual port card with 82546EB chipset (PCI-X 100MHZ/64 bit).

> While the PollDevice is running, please try ifconfig ethX down;
> ifconfig ethX up, it could help and give us what the problem is.
This causes the whole machine to freeze and the only recourse is a reboot.

BTW: --warp9 didn't have any effect... Something somewhere is not
working since the problem happened after I did a git pull today in the
morning. I am trying to debug but not getting anywhere.