[Click] PollDevice: stopped working??

Latency Buster latencybuster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 16:04:01 EST 2009

I updated my click resources (git pull), compiled click and suddenly I
am observing that PollDevice is not pulling packets from the NICs. If
I change the PollDevice () to FromDevice() traffic passes as expected.
The e1000 driver I am using is the one recently circulated by Roman in
the mailing list (e1000-7.6.15.5). It was working before.

This is the sample config:

PollDevice (eth0, PROMISC true) -> q01::Queue (4096) -> c01::Counter
-> td1::Todevice (eth1)

Anyone experiencing any difficulties with PollDevice()? Also I do not
see any useful exception messages in /var/log/messages (or dmesg)
indicating the crashing of a module.

Thanks