[Click] Bug when crosscompiling with different SIZEOF_INT

Harald Schioeberg harald at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 22 05:13:45 EDT 2009

Eddie Kohler wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> Yes, well, years have gone by, apologies :|  Maybe you are even at a new
> job!  The problem you report below will still happen on current Click,
> although in different places.  If it is very easy for you to provide an
> example GCC configuration that triggers the bug I'd appreciate it.

Hi Eddie,

we are using openwrt, I have attached our current click package for it.
(hope I didn't mess up when changing the PKG_SOURCE back to your repo)
That would be the steps to reproduce (on a 64 bit machine):

$ svn co svn://svn.openwrt.org/openwrt/branches/8.09
$ cd openwrt/packages
$ tar xzf openwrt-click-package.tgz
 (change --enable-tools=host in click/Makefile)
$ cd ..
$ make menuconfig
(select a nice target architecture, we are using ixp4xx,
 select Networking/Click)
$ make
 (wait... first build takes ~1 hour for cross-toolchain)

some useful make options for debugging:
$ make package/click/clean
$ make package/click/prepare package/click/compile package/click/install
$ make TRACE=1 V=99

> Unfortunately, solving the problem may require splitting the configure
> script into multiple pieces, so it may take a while.

For me personally it's not that important, since I'm fine with host-side
tools...

Best,
	Harald