[Click] Cross-compiling userlevel click for MIPS

Alastair McKinley amckinley03 at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 12 14:14:24 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to compile userlevel click on my Nanostation 2 access point which
is running OpenWRT.
I followed the instructions from the FAQ but its not working quite right.

This is the procedure I followed:

./configure --disable-linuxmodule --host=mipsel-linux --build=i386-linux
--enable-tools=mixed --enable-local --enable-wifi

make tools elementmap.xml

./tools/click-mkmindriver/click-mkmindriver -C . -u -A -d./userlevel -p mips
-f ../feature_extract.click

make MINDRIVER=mips

After this, I had the mipsclick binary in my userlevel directory, but it
appears to be a i386 binary.
I'm actually not sure if I have the correct tools installed.

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me a hand with this.

Best regards and thanks,

Alastair