[Click] centos 5.2 click kernel module!?

Ann Thornton thornton_ann at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 14:56:42 EST 2009

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded CentOS 5.2 from http://mirror.centos.org/centos/5/isos/ as is and it seems to come only with this kernel (2.6.18-92.el5PAE) as they match with Red Hat EL releases. Did you install 2.6.24.7 additionally on top and booting using that? I don't mind going to higher kernel versions on top of CentOS, but I noticed booting to 2.6.19.2 kernel (that I installed separately) caused kernel panic on my HP machine. Being kernel & click newbie, thought I would stick with what Cent OS 5.2 comes with. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ann