[Click] Linux module crashing

Roman Chertov rchertov at cs.ucsb.edu
Tue Dec 15 13:32:20 EST 2009

Sahan Gamage wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using click1-7.0rc1 with Linux kernel version 2.6.19.2. I am

I recommend pulling latest click from git as there were quite a bit of
changes after rc1 was released.  Also, I suggest to upgrade to 2.6.24.7
kernel.

> using the e1000 driver downloaded from Intel web site because the
> version supplied with click does not recognize my ethernet card.

You might want to try the e1000e module that Joonwoo posted on this
list.  You can grep the driver code for your model number to see if it
supports it or not.

> I want to use click to simulate a long fat network (change just the
> delay of network).  I am using click module (using click-install) with
> the attached configuration file (some minor tweaks to the supplied
> localdelay.click). But when I install click module and run some iperf

Good to see that people are looking at samples instead of just asking
how to use the FromHost element.

> tests the kernel locks up. The out put of dmesg is attached also. (the
> message repeated many times).

If you upgrade to later kernel/Click versions this might go away as
there were several patches to ToDevice to address various lockup issues.

Roman