[Click] Linux 2.6.24.7 patch in

springbo at cs.wisc.edu springbo at cs.wisc.edu
Wed Oct 29 14:07:03 EDT 2008

Thanks Eddie!

I've run into a couple complications:
1) It looks like there is a logic error in Packet::has_network_header().
I've attached a patch.

2) click-uninstall'ing the kernel module results in a general protection
fault. My configure string is  "./configure --enable-multithread
--enable-user-multithread --enable-adaptive --enable-intel-cpu CFLAGS=-g
CXXFLAGS=-g". I am building on an x86_64 machine. The click configuration
used or the number of threads doesn't seem to affect the problem. See
gpf.log for more information.

3) I'm getting warnings when click descends into the kernel source
directory to build the module. See warning.log. My guess is that this is
due to the improved linuxmodule build process.

Polling seems to be working with the e1000-7.6.15.5 driver.

Thanks again,
Kevin Springborn