[Click] click kernel module compile for Debian Lenny

Giovanni Di Stasi gdistasi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 13:10:05 EDT 2008

On Friday 17 October 2008 17:15:20 Adam Greenhalgh wrote:
> hi,
>
> if you search the mailing list there are patches for linux-2.6.24.7 .
> I'm not sure if they are in the git tree yet.
>
> Adam

Hi Adam,

thank you for your work on that patch (thanks also to Joonwoo and Eddie, off
course). I've used your patch some time ago, and it worked quite well. I must
say that that is the only option you have if you want to utilize Click (in
kernel mode) with the latest versions of OpenWrt (the well known Linux
distribution for embedded systems/access points):

I was wondering if the patch supports the latest kernel (2.6.27.x)  and, if
not, if you think it would be difficult to port it to it. I ask that because
OpenWrt has recently moved to that kernel, and Click stopped being usable
with it.

Many thanks again.

--
Giovanni Di Stasi, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica

Phone:    +39 081 7683821
Fax:      +39 081 7683816
E-mail:   giovanni.distasi at unina.it