[Click] how to let click get application packets before kernel?

Zhaohui Wang zwange at gmu.edu
Thu Nov 13 19:29:26 EST 2008

Hi all

Can any one tell me how to let click get application packets before kernel?
For example, I want ping some host,

And linux box has multiple eth interface with different subnet, I observed
that if I use FromDevice elements,
It will not get the packets before the kernel , so that the kernel drop the
packets to the default route interface.That's not what I want. I want using
click to modify this packet and then put it to some specific eth device
using ToDevice() element.

Should I use FromHost or something else?

Any inputs on this will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards
Zhao Wang