[Click] devirtualize for an embedded system

Giovanni Di Stasi gdstasi at yahoo.it
Tue Mar 4 06:49:30 EST 2008

Hi,
I'm trying to run a devirtualized click configuration on an embedded system. On this system, I can't install the tools of click and a compiler, but I can just install the click executable.
Is there a way to compile a devirtualized configuration and run it on the embedded system?

I tried compiling the tools of click in mixed mode, and I successfully created a usermode module for the click executable, but when I tried to launch click with this module, click asked me for click-buildtool, that was not installed (to be frank, I managed to run click using the module created by click-devirtualize, just copying click-buildtool in the embedded system, but the performance were the same of running click without the devirtualized module (so I think something went wrong, maybe click wasn't using the devirtualized elements, but the elements present in the click executable).

Moreover, I don't understand this: why in the module created by click-devirtualize (with -u option) you find the sources of devirtualized classes? Haven't the sources already been compiled by click-devirtualize?

Thanks.