[Click] userlevel multi-threading linking issue

springbo at cs.wisc.edu springbo at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Jun 19 15:36:47 EDT 2008

Hi,

When I attempted to use user-level multithreading compilation failed at
linking because click was not being linked against the pthread library.
Adding 'ELEMENT_LIBS(-lpthread)' to the bottom of threadsafequeue.cc
caused userlevel click to link against the pthread and solved the problem.
configure doesn't have a check for the pthread library either.

I'm using the latest sources with the configure string:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local --enable-local --enable-multithread
--enable-user-multithread --enable-adaptive --enable-intel-cpu

Is there something that I missed which is requiring me to modify the
standard elements to link against the pthread library?

Thanks!
Kevin Springborn