[Click] hashcode() system

JULIAN DAVID MORILLA POZO jdmp at tid.es
Fri Jul 18 11:58:34 EDT 2008

Dear all,

Up to now I have been using Version 1.5.0. Now I have downloaded Version 1.6.0 and I have found that one of my elements doesn't compile. The error is related to the Hash implementation. I have found on the web that one of the changes from previous version is:

"A better hashcode() system uses templates and overloading, reducing the chance that an operator bool() will mistakenly be used as a hashcode()."

I have also seen a new file hashcode.hh in the include/click directory which appears on the error shown by the compiler. More precisely, the error says that my hash key class does not have any member "hashcode()" as it is requested in hashcode.hh.

I suppose that I should implement this function but... what is this function supposed to do/return? Or What changes should I do to my current implementation?

Thanks a lot!
julian