[Click] Add headroom keyword to FromDevice?

Giovanni Di Stasi gdistasi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 09:22:40 EDT 2008

Il Wednesday 09 July 2008 14:43:15 Bart Braem ha scritto:
> Dear list,
>
> We noticed that FromHost has a very useful HEADROOM keyword to control
> headroom added to new packets. Would it be useful to add the same to
> FromDevice? In case of bridging or tunneling setups we think it would
> be useful to be able to control HEADROOM in the script.
> We will create a patch if other people like this feature as well.
>
> Regards,
> Bart

To the FromDevice? Yes, it would be a nice addition. But how about adding this
feature to the FromHost belonging to the LinuxModule?

It could be useful when you want to add an extra header to avoid
the "expensive pushes". However, I don't know if it is easy to make this
addition (maybe it is necessary to modify the linux kernel, in the parts
where packets are created).

--
Giovanni Di Stasi, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica

Phone:    +39 081 7683821
Fax:      +39 081 7683816
E-mail:   giovanni.distasi at unina.it